ALBUM UPDATE #1 — Live life slow. It's been anything but that over the last 12 months. In April last year my wife and I were adjusting to a different kind of home life with a new baby in the house. Griffin, our son, just celebrated his first birthday recently, and that year went by fast. And this year we're planning on recording our next album with a one-year-old following us around! (Or more so us following him around!)
Over the last few years, Starlite Radio has had a great time playing live and sharing the songs from our first album, 22 Blackbirds. We've written a bunch of new songs along the way, and are ready to make a new recording. We've had the desire for over a year, but have been waiting for the time to open up, and the bank account to fatten a bit. Those two things are coming together, and plans have begun. Here's the run down:
- We will be engineering the recording ourselves like last time
- We have a spot in mind for the bulk of the recording, but have been seeking out a couple alternatives for the drums (for more details, watch the video above or on YouTube )
- We plan to start recording in May, and estimate recording on the weekends through most of the summer
- After all that, we'll hire someone to mix and master the album
- And then we'll be talking about CD duplication (or other options) and an album kickoff concert/party
For this next recording, we're going to keep everyone posted on our progress through our blog and video updates. That way you can join us in the journey, instead of waiting to hear about it when we're done. We want to hear from you as well. So, if you haven't connected with us on Facebook or Twitter yet, please do, and you can follow this blog. Lastly, you can find a show (or four) by viewing our schedule on Facebook. Cheers!